CPI(M) local committee member shot dead
Canning (WB): A CPI(M) worker was allegedly
shot dead on Monday by unidentified miscreants at a railway
station in South 24 Parganas district, police said.
Matar Ali Mollah, ex-Pradhan of Narayan gram panchayat
and CPI(M) local committee member of Canning, was shot dead by
two unidentified miscreants at the Bhuttiarsharrif railway
station at around 9.35 am, they said.
Mollah was rushed to a hospital but he succumbed to the
bullet injuries, sources said.
A police team was rushed to the spot as there was
considerable tension in the area, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi