CPI(M) local committee member shot dead
Canning (WB): A CPI(M) worker was allegedly
shot dead on Monday by unidentified miscreants at a railway
station in South 24 Parganas district, police said.
Matar Ali Mollah, ex-Pradhan of Narayan gram panchayat
and CPI(M) local committee member of Canning, was shot dead by
two unidentified miscreants at the Bhuttiarsharrif railway
station at around 9.35 am, they said.
Mollah was rushed to a hospital but he succumbed to the
bullet injuries, sources said.
A police team was rushed to the spot as there was
considerable tension in the area, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?