CPI(M) local committee member shot dead
Canning (WB): A CPI(M) worker was allegedly
shot dead on Monday by unidentified miscreants at a railway
station in South 24 Parganas district, police said.
Matar Ali Mollah, ex-Pradhan of Narayan gram panchayat
and CPI(M) local committee member of Canning, was shot dead by
two unidentified miscreants at the Bhuttiarsharrif railway
station at around 9.35 am, they said.
Mollah was rushed to a hospital but he succumbed to the
bullet injuries, sources said.
A police team was rushed to the spot as there was
considerable tension in the area, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss