CPI(M) seeks action against Lt Guv Iqbal Singh
Puducherry: CPI(M) on Friday demanded that
the President intervene and take action against Puducherry Lt
Governor Iqbal Singh, who is embroiled in a controversy over
alleged links with suspected money launderer Hasan Ali Khan.
Speaking to reporters here, CPI(M) executive committee
member (Tamil Nadu) T Murugan said Singh`s recommendation as a
Rajya Sabha MP for issue of passport to Khan in 1997 was
`proof` of his close links to him.
"All issues relating to Iqbal Singh should be enquired
into. The Enforcement Directorate and CBI should lose no time
in initiating an enquiry", he said.
Murugan said the party would stage black flag
demonstrations against Singh wherever he participated in
He came down on the `inefficient` Congress government
for allegedly issuing a No Objection Certificate to a medical
college to be set up at Karaikal by a trust, which reportedly
has his relatives in it.
"Even Chief Secretary R Chandramohan`s clarification
later on the essentiality certificate issued to the trust to
start the college were inspid," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS