CPI(M) seeks action against Lt Guv Iqbal Singh
Puducherry: CPI(M) on Friday demanded that
the President intervene and take action against Puducherry Lt
Governor Iqbal Singh, who is embroiled in a controversy over
alleged links with suspected money launderer Hasan Ali Khan.
Speaking to reporters here, CPI(M) executive committee
member (Tamil Nadu) T Murugan said Singh`s recommendation as a
Rajya Sabha MP for issue of passport to Khan in 1997 was
`proof` of his close links to him.
"All issues relating to Iqbal Singh should be enquired
into. The Enforcement Directorate and CBI should lose no time
in initiating an enquiry", he said.
Murugan said the party would stage black flag
demonstrations against Singh wherever he participated in
He came down on the `inefficient` Congress government
for allegedly issuing a No Objection Certificate to a medical
college to be set up at Karaikal by a trust, which reportedly
has his relatives in it.
"Even Chief Secretary R Chandramohan`s clarification
later on the essentiality certificate issued to the trust to
start the college were inspid," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!