CPI(M) supporter shot dead, four injured in Nanoor
Suri (WB): A CPI(M) supporter was shot dead
and four other persons were injured by Trinamool Congress
supporters at Atkul village in Birbhum district on Monday, police
A group of TMC supporters raided the village at around
10.00 am and started firing and hurling bombs indiscriminately,
the police said.
The house of the CPI(M) supporter, Jay Mete (55) and his
neighbour was burnt to ashes and looted, the police said.
Mete died on the spot.
The injured were taken to Bolpur sub divisional hospital
in a very critical condition, the police said.
Birbhum Superintendent of Police Nishat Parvez said," An
altercation took place between a CPI(M) and TMC supporter at
Basapara market in the morning. Later a group of TMC
supporters attacked the village and raided Mete`s house. Prima
facie he was shot dead. The others received bullet and bomb
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened