CPI(ML-Liberation) hails Anna Hazare`s victory
Ranchi: Reacting to the Centre`s order to
set up a committee for drafting a Lokpal Bill that led
Gandhian Anna Hazare to break his fast-unto-death, CPI
(ML-Liberation) general secretary Dipankar Bhattacharya on Saturday described it as a "good beginning" against corruption.
"It`s a small victory against rampant corruption, but
a good beginning for a strong movement against corruption,"
Bhattacharya told a news conference here, barely hours after
Hazare ended his 98-hour fast after Centre agreed to his
"The victory is all the more satisfying as it has come
in the background of several scams, including 2G. We are very
happy about Anna Hazare`s movement against corruption. The
youth in our party will continue against corruption through
Jan Jagaran from August 9 and 15 this year," he said.
August 15 is the last date for submission of the
"Corruption has increased following the advent of
corporate sectors, and the government should change its
policies towards privatisation to root out corruption in any
form," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere