CPI(ML-Liberation) hails Anna Hazare`s victory
Ranchi: Reacting to the Centre`s order to
set up a committee for drafting a Lokpal Bill that led
Gandhian Anna Hazare to break his fast-unto-death, CPI
(ML-Liberation) general secretary Dipankar Bhattacharya on Saturday described it as a "good beginning" against corruption.
"It`s a small victory against rampant corruption, but
a good beginning for a strong movement against corruption,"
Bhattacharya told a news conference here, barely hours after
Hazare ended his 98-hour fast after Centre agreed to his
"The victory is all the more satisfying as it has come
in the background of several scams, including 2G. We are very
happy about Anna Hazare`s movement against corruption. The
youth in our party will continue against corruption through
Jan Jagaran from August 9 and 15 this year," he said.
August 15 is the last date for submission of the
"Corruption has increased following the advent of
corporate sectors, and the government should change its
policies towards privatisation to root out corruption in any
form," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra Show to focus on building new enterprise
- Space X Dragon successfully splashes down in Pacific Ocean with crucial NASA research samples
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured