CPI(ML-Liberation) hails Anna Hazare`s victory
Ranchi: Reacting to the Centre`s order to
set up a committee for drafting a Lokpal Bill that led
Gandhian Anna Hazare to break his fast-unto-death, CPI
(ML-Liberation) general secretary Dipankar Bhattacharya on Saturday described it as a "good beginning" against corruption.
"It`s a small victory against rampant corruption, but
a good beginning for a strong movement against corruption,"
Bhattacharya told a news conference here, barely hours after
Hazare ended his 98-hour fast after Centre agreed to his
"The victory is all the more satisfying as it has come
in the background of several scams, including 2G. We are very
happy about Anna Hazare`s movement against corruption. The
youth in our party will continue against corruption through
Jan Jagaran from August 9 and 15 this year," he said.
August 15 is the last date for submission of the
"Corruption has increased following the advent of
corporate sectors, and the government should change its
policies towards privatisation to root out corruption in any
form," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence