CPI(ML-Liberation) hails Anna Hazare`s victory
Ranchi: Reacting to the Centre`s order to
set up a committee for drafting a Lokpal Bill that led
Gandhian Anna Hazare to break his fast-unto-death, CPI
(ML-Liberation) general secretary Dipankar Bhattacharya on Saturday described it as a "good beginning" against corruption.
"It`s a small victory against rampant corruption, but
a good beginning for a strong movement against corruption,"
Bhattacharya told a news conference here, barely hours after
Hazare ended his 98-hour fast after Centre agreed to his
"The victory is all the more satisfying as it has come
in the background of several scams, including 2G. We are very
happy about Anna Hazare`s movement against corruption. The
youth in our party will continue against corruption through
Jan Jagaran from August 9 and 15 this year," he said.
August 15 is the last date for submission of the
"Corruption has increased following the advent of
corporate sectors, and the government should change its
policies towards privatisation to root out corruption in any
form," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail