CPM, Trinamool activists killed in clash
Burdwan: A CPI(M) activist and one
Trinamool Congress worker were killed on Sunday in a clash between
members of both the parties in Ketugram village here.
CPI(M) activist Khelu Sheikh, 35, died on the spot,
while Amin Sheikh, 26, succumbed to injuries later, police
said, adding that the two groups hurled bombs at each other.
"Both the deceased have criminal records in our
books," district SP Raja Raj Shekheran said.
Yesterday, a Trinamool supporter was attacked
allegedly by CPI(M) cadre in the same area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP