CPM’s Vijayan in the dock over confidential documents
Thiruvananthpuram: The opposition parties criticised Kerala’s ruling Communist Party of India (Marxist) for allegedly providing confidential notes of the state Cabinet to party’s state unit secretary Pinarayi Vijayan.
Vijayan is an accused in the multi-crore SNC Lavlin scam. He is defending the case in the Supreme Court.
The opposition parties have alleged that the documents produced by Vijayan in the apex court were procured illegally.
According to sources, it is said that the Kerala Cabinet has given a clean chit to Vijayan in these documents.
Addressing the media Vijayan claimed that he got these papers under the Right to Information Act.
State Congress president Ramesh Chennithala said: “Vijayan has not got the papers through the Right to Information Act. We don`t know how he got such confidential documents. There is a lot of suspicion in the air.”
“It is the duty of the government to remove this air of suspicion. This entire episode is just going to weaken our democratic system," Chennithala added.
The SNC Lavalin case has caused a lot of damage to the Left Front government in the state. The latest controversy involving the secret Cabinet documents has once again put the CPM leadership in the dock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air