Create IT friendly climate in UP, Akhilesh tells officials
Lucknow: Keeping up with his promise to promote Information Technology (IT) in the state, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Monday directed his officials to make a long term policy for introduction of IT in education.
Chairing a high-level meeting here, Akhilesh Yadav said that under the Samajwadi Party (SP) government, all out efforts should be made to ensure that a "climate was created in favour of IT, Computer Hardware and Electronics industries".
The chief minister laid specific stress on establishing IT industry and BPOs in Agra and Lucknow.
Pointing out how this sector had "immense potential and employment opportunities", the 38-year-old chief minister, himself a marine engineer from Sydney, said that the government should strive to create employment avenues for the rural and urban youth by promoting the IT industry in the state.
In rural areas also, the chief minister said, e-facilities should be introduced on the public-private-partnership (PPP) model and centres of learning created for a wider reach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery