Cricket World Cup to be insured for more than CWG
New Delhi: The 2011 ICC World Cup in the sub-continent that is marred with terror attack scare is all set to go for an overwhelming sum as far as insurance is concerned. ESPN - International sports broadcaster of 2011 ICC World Cup has sought a confirmed INR 600 crore for terror & weather insurance cover for 2011 ICC World Cup.
2011 ICC World Cup will commence on February 19, 2011. This insurance cover for terror & wealth insurance is 3 times, the INR 200 crore cover which was for the Delhi Commonwealth Games.
New India Assurance & General Insurance Corporation are being approached for 2011 ICC World Cup’s insurance support. The insurance cover amount sought by ESPN is very elevated than anybody’s expectations, as the matches will be held in areas, which are prone to terror attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH