Cricket World Cup to be insured for more than CWG
New Delhi: The 2011 ICC World Cup in the sub-continent that is marred with terror attack scare is all set to go for an overwhelming sum as far as insurance is concerned. ESPN - International sports broadcaster of 2011 ICC World Cup has sought a confirmed INR 600 crore for terror & weather insurance cover for 2011 ICC World Cup.
2011 ICC World Cup will commence on February 19, 2011. This insurance cover for terror & wealth insurance is 3 times, the INR 200 crore cover which was for the Delhi Commonwealth Games.
New India Assurance & General Insurance Corporation are being approached for 2011 ICC World Cup’s insurance support. The insurance cover amount sought by ESPN is very elevated than anybody’s expectations, as the matches will be held in areas, which are prone to terror attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30