Criminal cases against 10 UP policemen for false arrests
Ghaziabad: Criminal cases were registered
against 10 police officials including two Station House
Officers in connection with the arrest of four persons on
false charges three years ago.
SSP Raghubir Lal who took charge four days back reviewed
pending cases in the district and ordered lodging of the cases
against the police officials.
The 10 policemen had arrested four persons from Keharpur
village in Meerut district under the NDPS Act and for vehicle
theft in November 2007.
The SSP said action against the accused officials was
taken after he got to know that an initial inquiry against
them indicated they were guilty but they were not punished.
The police officials against whom cases have been
registered include Mahesh Chand Yadav the then SHO, Babugarh
and Mithlesh Upadhya SHO, Hapur as officials from both these
police stations were involved in the arrest of the four
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security