Criminal cases against 10 UP policemen for false arrests
Ghaziabad: Criminal cases were registered
against 10 police officials including two Station House
Officers in connection with the arrest of four persons on
false charges three years ago.
SSP Raghubir Lal who took charge four days back reviewed
pending cases in the district and ordered lodging of the cases
against the police officials.
The 10 policemen had arrested four persons from Keharpur
village in Meerut district under the NDPS Act and for vehicle
theft in November 2007.
The SSP said action against the accused officials was
taken after he got to know that an initial inquiry against
them indicated they were guilty but they were not punished.
The police officials against whom cases have been
registered include Mahesh Chand Yadav the then SHO, Babugarh
and Mithlesh Upadhya SHO, Hapur as officials from both these
police stations were involved in the arrest of the four
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?