Criminal cases against 10 UP policemen for false arrests
Ghaziabad: Criminal cases were registered
against 10 police officials including two Station House
Officers in connection with the arrest of four persons on
false charges three years ago.
SSP Raghubir Lal who took charge four days back reviewed
pending cases in the district and ordered lodging of the cases
against the police officials.
The 10 policemen had arrested four persons from Keharpur
village in Meerut district under the NDPS Act and for vehicle
theft in November 2007.
The SSP said action against the accused officials was
taken after he got to know that an initial inquiry against
them indicated they were guilty but they were not punished.
The police officials against whom cases have been
registered include Mahesh Chand Yadav the then SHO, Babugarh
and Mithlesh Upadhya SHO, Hapur as officials from both these
police stations were involved in the arrest of the four
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video