Criminals will have no place in SP: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Visibly elated, the heir to the Samajwadi Party and the man who spearheaded the party’s campaign in the state of Uttar Pradesh, Akhilesh Yadav thanked the people profusely for giving them a clear majority.
The son of Mulayam Singh Yadav said, “The SP has got votes which transcends beyond caste and religion.” “What we had promised in our manifesto will be implemented,” he assured. Akhilesh also hoped that the state will embark on the path of prosperity and the SP would work towards that goal.
He emphasised that the statues that were installed by Mayawati will not be removed, but added that the vacant space will be used for making hospitals and schools.
Akhilesh also thanked the media for giving support to the SP.
He reiterated that party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav will the next CM of UP as was the wish of all party leaders and workers.
Acutely aware that the Samajwadi Party had been accused of being a ‘goonda’ party last time around, Akhilesh emphasised that criminal activities will not be tolerated and anti-criminal elements will have no place in the new regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister