Criminals will have no place in SP: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Visibly elated, the heir to the Samajwadi Party and the man who spearheaded the party’s campaign in the state of Uttar Pradesh, Akhilesh Yadav thanked the people profusely for giving them a clear majority.
The son of Mulayam Singh Yadav said, “The SP has got votes which transcends beyond caste and religion.” “What we had promised in our manifesto will be implemented,” he assured. Akhilesh also hoped that the state will embark on the path of prosperity and the SP would work towards that goal.
He emphasised that the statues that were installed by Mayawati will not be removed, but added that the vacant space will be used for making hospitals and schools.
Akhilesh also thanked the media for giving support to the SP.
He reiterated that party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav will the next CM of UP as was the wish of all party leaders and workers.
Acutely aware that the Samajwadi Party had been accused of being a ‘goonda’ party last time around, Akhilesh emphasised that criminal activities will not be tolerated and anti-criminal elements will have no place in the new regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back