Crisis in Rajasthan unit blows over: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Monday claimed the crisis in its Rajasthan unit had blown over and indicated the Leader of the Opposition in the state Assembly Vasundhara Raje is the undisputed head of the party there.
Top central leaders of BJP, including Arun Jaitley, placated Raje this morning over phone and asked her to pipe down. She had gone public with her anger over her party colleague Gulabchand Kataria`s decision to take out a yatra in the state.
With a majority of BJP MLAs and two party MPs submitting their resignation to Raje to express their solidarity with her, Kataria was forced to give up his plan.
"The clouds have cleared now and rains are expected... There was one misunderstanding and it has been resolved. Raje is the undisputed leader. She is the Leader of the Opposition," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
Party sources said the crisis began when BJP MP Kiran Maheshwari and Kataria, both of whom hail from Udaipur, had a conflict. Kataria had made some remarks against Maheshwari which she countered in the local media. When Kataria declared his intention to take out a yatra, it was opposed by Maheshwari, who is close to Raje, and others in the party.
Even the Rajasthan BJP Core Committee decided Kataria should not take out a yatra and Raje went public with her threat to quit the party if Kataria does not give up the idea, triggering the crisis.
Central BJP leaders conveyed to Raje that "she is the party" in Rajasthan and should give up her anger.
The BJP MLAs and MPs are likely to take back out of their resignation. Sources said some changes in the party organisation in Rajasthan may take place in near future as part of a formula worked out to set the house in order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why