Crisis in Rajasthan unit blows over: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Monday claimed the crisis in its Rajasthan unit had blown over and indicated the Leader of the Opposition in the state Assembly Vasundhara Raje is the undisputed head of the party there.
Top central leaders of BJP, including Arun Jaitley, placated Raje this morning over phone and asked her to pipe down. She had gone public with her anger over her party colleague Gulabchand Kataria`s decision to take out a yatra in the state.
With a majority of BJP MLAs and two party MPs submitting their resignation to Raje to express their solidarity with her, Kataria was forced to give up his plan.
"The clouds have cleared now and rains are expected... There was one misunderstanding and it has been resolved. Raje is the undisputed leader. She is the Leader of the Opposition," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
Party sources said the crisis began when BJP MP Kiran Maheshwari and Kataria, both of whom hail from Udaipur, had a conflict. Kataria had made some remarks against Maheshwari which she countered in the local media. When Kataria declared his intention to take out a yatra, it was opposed by Maheshwari, who is close to Raje, and others in the party.
Even the Rajasthan BJP Core Committee decided Kataria should not take out a yatra and Raje went public with her threat to quit the party if Kataria does not give up the idea, triggering the crisis.
Central BJP leaders conveyed to Raje that "she is the party" in Rajasthan and should give up her anger.
The BJP MLAs and MPs are likely to take back out of their resignation. Sources said some changes in the party organisation in Rajasthan may take place in near future as part of a formula worked out to set the house in order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says