Cristiano Ronaldo not Interested in Man City
Madrid:Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has snubbed the prospect a move to Premier League side Manchester City.
Ronaldo told Roberto Mancini`s side that he won`t consider a proposed £150 million move to Eastlands, which was mooted in sections of the world`s media.
The Portuguese ace was apparently in line for personal terms of over £20m-a-year in wages had he made the switch, but has insisted he`s committed to his current club, who were unlikely to accept a bid in any case.
Ronaldo said to Cope Radio: "It [the wage proposal] is not bad, huh? We have to think about it well. I`m not going to City - I give you my word. I`m not going.
"Money is not the most important thing, if it was for money I could have the double of what I have."
The 26-year-old scored 54 goals for Real Madrid this season and has 87 goals in 89 matches in total since his £80m move from Old Trafford.
Ronaldo insists he`d consider signing for life at the Bernabeu, with the attacker currently earning £13.5m-a-year and still having four years left on his deal.
He said: "If it was for money I would leave. The most important thing is the behaviour of the people and they treat me tremendously here and I am very happy in Madrid.
"I would sign for 10 years for Madrid, until the end of my career. Why not sign for life?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand