Cristiano Ronaldo not Interested in Man City
Madrid:Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has snubbed the prospect a move to Premier League side Manchester City.
Ronaldo told Roberto Mancini`s side that he won`t consider a proposed £150 million move to Eastlands, which was mooted in sections of the world`s media.
The Portuguese ace was apparently in line for personal terms of over £20m-a-year in wages had he made the switch, but has insisted he`s committed to his current club, who were unlikely to accept a bid in any case.
Ronaldo said to Cope Radio: "It [the wage proposal] is not bad, huh? We have to think about it well. I`m not going to City - I give you my word. I`m not going.
"Money is not the most important thing, if it was for money I could have the double of what I have."
The 26-year-old scored 54 goals for Real Madrid this season and has 87 goals in 89 matches in total since his £80m move from Old Trafford.
Ronaldo insists he`d consider signing for life at the Bernabeu, with the attacker currently earning £13.5m-a-year and still having four years left on his deal.
He said: "If it was for money I would leave. The most important thing is the behaviour of the people and they treat me tremendously here and I am very happy in Madrid.
"I would sign for 10 years for Madrid, until the end of my career. Why not sign for life?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj