Cross-examination in Sankararaman murder case commences
Puducherry: Cross-examination of witnesses
in the Sankararaman murder case, in which Kanchi mutt seer
Jayendra Saraswathi and his junior Vijayendra Saraswathi are
the main accused, commenced here on Tuesday.
Out of the 24 accused in the case, 20 were present when
the hearing came up before the Principal and District Sessions
Judge of Puducherry D Krishnaraja.
The absentees included the two seers -- Jayendra
Saraswathi and Vijayendra Saraswathi -- who had been charged
under sections 120-B (conspiracy) and 302 (murder) of Indian
Defence counsel K S Dinakaran appearing for Jayendra
Saraswathi cross-examined Padma (wife of Sankararaman), Uma
Maitreyi (his daughter) Anand Kumar Sharma (son) and N S
Ganesh (accountant in the temple).
Sankararaman, the manager of the Varadarajaperumal
temple in Kancheepuram, was allegedly murdered in the temple
premises on September three, 2004.
Special Public Prosecutor N Devadoss later told
reporters that cross-examination of five witnesses - K
Duraikannu, Gajapathay, Atchudan, Kumar and Kuppuswamy - would
be held tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000