Cross-examination in Sankararaman murder case commences
Puducherry: Cross-examination of witnesses
in the Sankararaman murder case, in which Kanchi mutt seer
Jayendra Saraswathi and his junior Vijayendra Saraswathi are
the main accused, commenced here on Tuesday.
Out of the 24 accused in the case, 20 were present when
the hearing came up before the Principal and District Sessions
Judge of Puducherry D Krishnaraja.
The absentees included the two seers -- Jayendra
Saraswathi and Vijayendra Saraswathi -- who had been charged
under sections 120-B (conspiracy) and 302 (murder) of Indian
Defence counsel K S Dinakaran appearing for Jayendra
Saraswathi cross-examined Padma (wife of Sankararaman), Uma
Maitreyi (his daughter) Anand Kumar Sharma (son) and N S
Ganesh (accountant in the temple).
Sankararaman, the manager of the Varadarajaperumal
temple in Kancheepuram, was allegedly murdered in the temple
premises on September three, 2004.
Special Public Prosecutor N Devadoss later told
reporters that cross-examination of five witnesses - K
Duraikannu, Gajapathay, Atchudan, Kumar and Kuppuswamy - would
be held tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS