Crouch dismisses `quit` claims
London: England striker Peter Crouch on Tuesday rejected reports indicating he planned to quit international football after being consistently snubbed by Fabio Capello.
Crouch, 30, was reported to have called time on his England career after failing to even win a place on the bench for Saturday`s 2-2 draw with Switzerland at Wembley.
However the tall Spurs forward, who has netted an impressive 22 goals in 42 games for England, insisted on Tuesday that he had not turned his back on playing international football.
"Do I want to carry on playing for England? Yeah, of course," Crouch said at an England sponsors event on Tuesday. "I would never give up playing for my country at any stage. It`s an honour."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!