Crouch dismisses `quit` claims
London: England striker Peter Crouch on Tuesday rejected reports indicating he planned to quit international football after being consistently snubbed by Fabio Capello.
Crouch, 30, was reported to have called time on his England career after failing to even win a place on the bench for Saturday`s 2-2 draw with Switzerland at Wembley.
However the tall Spurs forward, who has netted an impressive 22 goals in 42 games for England, insisted on Tuesday that he had not turned his back on playing international football.
"Do I want to carry on playing for England? Yeah, of course," Crouch said at an England sponsors event on Tuesday. "I would never give up playing for my country at any stage. It`s an honour."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh