Crouch dismisses `quit` claims
London: England striker Peter Crouch on Tuesday rejected reports indicating he planned to quit international football after being consistently snubbed by Fabio Capello.
Crouch, 30, was reported to have called time on his England career after failing to even win a place on the bench for Saturday`s 2-2 draw with Switzerland at Wembley.
However the tall Spurs forward, who has netted an impressive 22 goals in 42 games for England, insisted on Tuesday that he had not turned his back on playing international football.
"Do I want to carry on playing for England? Yeah, of course," Crouch said at an England sponsors event on Tuesday. "I would never give up playing for my country at any stage. It`s an honour."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends