Crouch dismisses `quit` claims
London: England striker Peter Crouch on Tuesday rejected reports indicating he planned to quit international football after being consistently snubbed by Fabio Capello.
Crouch, 30, was reported to have called time on his England career after failing to even win a place on the bench for Saturday`s 2-2 draw with Switzerland at Wembley.
However the tall Spurs forward, who has netted an impressive 22 goals in 42 games for England, insisted on Tuesday that he had not turned his back on playing international football.
"Do I want to carry on playing for England? Yeah, of course," Crouch said at an England sponsors event on Tuesday. "I would never give up playing for my country at any stage. It`s an honour."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown