Crouch dismisses `quit` claims
London: England striker Peter Crouch on Tuesday rejected reports indicating he planned to quit international football after being consistently snubbed by Fabio Capello.
Crouch, 30, was reported to have called time on his England career after failing to even win a place on the bench for Saturday`s 2-2 draw with Switzerland at Wembley.
However the tall Spurs forward, who has netted an impressive 22 goals in 42 games for England, insisted on Tuesday that he had not turned his back on playing international football.
"Do I want to carry on playing for England? Yeah, of course," Crouch said at an England sponsors event on Tuesday. "I would never give up playing for my country at any stage. It`s an honour."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway