CRPF to set up base in West Midnapore district
Kolkata: The CRPF would set up a DIG-level
administrative office at Midnapore Town and a training centre
at Salboni in the Maoist-hit district for the elite anti-Naxal
battalion `CoBRA`, West Bengal Home Secretary G D Gautama said
"Altogether 212 acres have been identified in the
district for the central para-military force to set up base,"
Gautama told reporters after a meeting with Chief Secretary
Samar Ghosh and CRPF IG (Operations) T B Rao.
The CRPF would also set up four camps at Tanksol,
Rangamati, Narayanpur and Bhadutala, Rao said.
He said the central force would soon begin work for
setting up the new base.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Delhi HC rejects plea against Raj Thackeray's security cover
- Eleven Turkish police killed in bombing blamed on PKK
- Haryana govt asks probe officer to stop working on second report into Jat agitation
- Sister aka stylist Rhea Kapoor speaks about Sonam's fashion secrets
- Overhaul Indian sports bodies and de-link from Political patronage to overcome Rio fiasco: CPI-M