CRPF to set up base in West Midnapore district
Kolkata: The CRPF would set up a DIG-level
administrative office at Midnapore Town and a training centre
at Salboni in the Maoist-hit district for the elite anti-Naxal
battalion `CoBRA`, West Bengal Home Secretary G D Gautama said
"Altogether 212 acres have been identified in the
district for the central para-military force to set up base,"
Gautama told reporters after a meeting with Chief Secretary
Samar Ghosh and CRPF IG (Operations) T B Rao.
The CRPF would also set up four camps at Tanksol,
Rangamati, Narayanpur and Bhadutala, Rao said.
He said the central force would soon begin work for
setting up the new base.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said