CRPF to set up base in West Midnapore district
Kolkata: The CRPF would set up a DIG-level
administrative office at Midnapore Town and a training centre
at Salboni in the Maoist-hit district for the elite anti-Naxal
battalion `CoBRA`, West Bengal Home Secretary G D Gautama said
"Altogether 212 acres have been identified in the
district for the central para-military force to set up base,"
Gautama told reporters after a meeting with Chief Secretary
Samar Ghosh and CRPF IG (Operations) T B Rao.
The CRPF would also set up four camps at Tanksol,
Rangamati, Narayanpur and Bhadutala, Rao said.
He said the central force would soon begin work for
setting up the new base.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof