CRPF to set up base in West Midnapore district
Kolkata: The CRPF would set up a DIG-level
administrative office at Midnapore Town and a training centre
at Salboni in the Maoist-hit district for the elite anti-Naxal
battalion `CoBRA`, West Bengal Home Secretary G D Gautama said
"Altogether 212 acres have been identified in the
district for the central para-military force to set up base,"
Gautama told reporters after a meeting with Chief Secretary
Samar Ghosh and CRPF IG (Operations) T B Rao.
The CRPF would also set up four camps at Tanksol,
Rangamati, Narayanpur and Bhadutala, Rao said.
He said the central force would soon begin work for
setting up the new base.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss