Crude oil production to go up 11%, natural gas by 53%: DGH
New Delhi: Reliance Industries and Cairn
India will help increase nation`s crude oil output by 11 per
cent and natural gas production by 53 per cent in 2009-10, oil
regulator Directorate General Hydrocarbons (DGH) said on Tuesday.
Speaking at an Assocham conference, DGH Director General
S K Srivastava said the country`s gas production would double
next year when RIL`s KG-D6 fields` reach peak output.
KG-D6 field is expected to reach peak output of 80
million standard cubic meters per day by mid-2010.
Srivastava, according to an Assocham statement, said oil
production from Cairn`s Barmer basin field in Rajasthan is
expected to contribute about 18 per cent of the country?s
total oil production in near future.
India`s crude oil production has been stagnant around 32
million tons for past few years and output from Barmer and
KG-D6 fields would raise nation`s oil production.
"After stagnant production for over a decade, in 2009
-10 crude oil production is likely to increase by 11 per cent
and natural gas by 53 per cent over previous year," he said.
Cairn`s Rajasthan field is currently producing about
20,000 barrels per day while RIL is pumping out 10,000 bpd
On the new discoveries, he said increased exploration
would result in new discoveries by 2015-16 which would require
investment to an extent of USD 25 billion.
He also said that besides conventional oil and gas, the
government is actively pursuing other fossil fuel alternatives
such as gas hydrates, coal bed methane (CBM) and oil shale.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video