Cruz targets United clash for City debut
Manchester: Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz is eyeing his club’s next month derby clash against bitter rivals Manchester United to make his debut for Mark Hughes’ side.
Santa Cruz joined City in a 17 million pounds (24 million euros) transfer from Blackburn during the close-season, but the Paraguay star has been unable to play after undergoing knee surgery in April.
The 27-year-old has been making good progress recently however and Hughes expects the former Bayern Munich player to be back in time for his team`s trip to Old Trafford on September 20.
"We are talking about two or three weeks," Hughes told City`s website.
"I don`t like to put games as a target because it is difficult to predict but the specialist is really pleased with his progress.”
"I imagine he will be available around the time of the United game, or the West Ham match immediately afterwards."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened