CST shut for 48 hours as 48-long mega block commences
Mumbai: Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST)
has been shut for all train operations following the
commencement of redevelopment of Masjid railway station.
This is one of the major mega blocks that began after the
last local left CST at 12.45 last night and will go on till
Sunday night. For full 48 hours there will be no trains plying
between CST and Byculla railway stations.
Central Railway (CR), which operated the main and harbour
line services, has undertaken the redevelopment of Masjid
station. This includes the dismantling of the old road-over
bridge of the station thereby extending the length of the
platform to accommodate 12-car trains.
"Central Railway commuters can travel on the Western
Line, which has cancelled its mega blocks for the weekend,"
Central Railway PR, Srinivas Mudgerikar said.
The main line local trains terminated at Byculla while
harbour line trains terminated at Wadala. Long-distance
trains, on the other hand, terminated at Dadar.
Mudgerikar added that CR has made arrangements with the
BEST undertaking to ply extra buses for the convenience of
commuters to reach CST.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'