CST shut for 48 hours as 48-long mega block commences
Mumbai: Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST)
has been shut for all train operations following the
commencement of redevelopment of Masjid railway station.
This is one of the major mega blocks that began after the
last local left CST at 12.45 last night and will go on till
Sunday night. For full 48 hours there will be no trains plying
between CST and Byculla railway stations.
Central Railway (CR), which operated the main and harbour
line services, has undertaken the redevelopment of Masjid
station. This includes the dismantling of the old road-over
bridge of the station thereby extending the length of the
platform to accommodate 12-car trains.
"Central Railway commuters can travel on the Western
Line, which has cancelled its mega blocks for the weekend,"
Central Railway PR, Srinivas Mudgerikar said.
The main line local trains terminated at Byculla while
harbour line trains terminated at Wadala. Long-distance
trains, on the other hand, terminated at Dadar.
Mudgerikar added that CR has made arrangements with the
BEST undertaking to ply extra buses for the convenience of
commuters to reach CST.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi