CWC meets to discuss Ayodhya verdict
New Delhi: The Congress Working Committee
met here Tuesday to discuss the party`s strategy on the
Allahabad High Court verdict on the Ayodhya title suit case.
It is the first meeting of the apex policy making body
of the party after the September 30 verdict on the case.
Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh are among the top leaders participating in the
meet which is also expected to discuss the situation in the
The party is expected to come out with a strategy on
the Ayodhya issue at a time when parties like Samajwadi Party
and LJP are trying to win support of Muslims on the matter. The
two parties have expressed their disappointment over the
The Congress has attacked the BJP for dubbing the
Ayodhya verdict as a case of "faith upheld by law", saying the
opposition party was "atrociously politicising" the issue and
indulging in double-speak.
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and Home Minister P
Chidambaram are also attending the meeting.
The CWC has now been converted into Congress Steering
Committee following the re-election of Sonia Gandhi as party
chief for the fourth-term.
The meeting is also expected to finalise the dates for
the plenary session at which the elections for the CWC are
expected to be held.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred