CWG gold medalist to take part in Railway weightlifting meet
Kolkata: Commonwealth Games gold medalist Renu Bala Chanu will be the star attraction in the 58th All-India Railway Weightlifting Championship to be held in Netaji Subhas Institute here from Wednesday.
The three-day event will see about 200 lifters from 16 railway zones vying for top honours as the 58kg Commonwealth Games gold medallist will represent Northeast Frontier Railway.
Other top railway lifters, who will be seen in action, include Omkar Ottari (Western), Shristi Singh, Swati Singh (both Northeast) and Eastern zone`s Minathi Sethi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video