CWG gold medalist to take part in Railway weightlifting meet
Kolkata: Commonwealth Games gold medalist Renu Bala Chanu will be the star attraction in the 58th All-India Railway Weightlifting Championship to be held in Netaji Subhas Institute here from Wednesday.
The three-day event will see about 200 lifters from 16 railway zones vying for top honours as the 58kg Commonwealth Games gold medallist will represent Northeast Frontier Railway.
Other top railway lifters, who will be seen in action, include Omkar Ottari (Western), Shristi Singh, Swati Singh (both Northeast) and Eastern zone`s Minathi Sethi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA