CWG official’s record file missing: Report
New Delhi: The corruption scandal in Commonwealth Games got murkier on Monday as reports suggested that a record file of CWG deputy director general Sanjay Mahendroo, who was suspended a few days ago on charges of corruption, has gone missing.
The file in question contains the service record of the tainted CWG official including his trips abroad, which have come under investigation after the charges of corruption leveled against him.
According to reports, DDG (estt) Abrar Hussain on Sunday sent a circular to senior officials informing them of the latest development and asking them to return the file, in case any of them had it.
Sources have suggested that the latest development is another attempt to hamper the investigations against tainted CWG officials, Mahendroo, TS Darbari and M Jayachandran, all of whom have been accused of corrupt practices in the disbursement of funds and procurement of equipment for the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
Although the three officials have been found guilty of corruption, the probe into the matter is yet to get underway. The disappearing of the file has put a further question mark as to whether the investigations will ever be able to get off the ground.
The missing file could be a vital starting point for the investigations as it contains Mohendroo’s travel records including his trip to the Queen’s Baton Relay in UK where he ran up bills of 33,000 pounds.
Cracking the whip, the OC had last month decided suspend the trio for its alleged role in the misappropriation of funds in the Queen`s Baton Relay in London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi