CWG scam: CBI raids Kalmadi’s lockers
Pune: A Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) team from New Delhi Tuesday searched the bank lockers of former CWG organising committee chief Suresh Kalmadi that had been sealed last month, an official said.
"We have opened two bank lockers as part of the investigations. But, we do not have any details so far," an official told IANS.
The two lockers, including one in ICICI Bank, were opened in the presence of Kalmadi`s wife, but the official declined to name the branches of the banks where the operation took place or what was found from there.
The lockers had been earlier sealed by the CBI as part of the ongoing nationwide probe into the Commonwealth Games scam.
Among other things, the CBI was looking for certain vital documents pertaining to the CWG scam.
Till late Tuesday evening, the CBI official maintained that the operations were in progress and denied knowledge of what was found in the bank lockers.
Meanwhile, local television channels claimed that apprehending arrest, Kalmadi has reportedly gone underground. He could not be traced in Pune, Mumbai or Delhi, the channels said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country