CWG scam: CBI raids Kalmadi’s lockers
Pune: A Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) team from New Delhi Tuesday searched the bank lockers of former CWG organising committee chief Suresh Kalmadi that had been sealed last month, an official said.
"We have opened two bank lockers as part of the investigations. But, we do not have any details so far," an official told IANS.
The two lockers, including one in ICICI Bank, were opened in the presence of Kalmadi`s wife, but the official declined to name the branches of the banks where the operation took place or what was found from there.
The lockers had been earlier sealed by the CBI as part of the ongoing nationwide probe into the Commonwealth Games scam.
Among other things, the CBI was looking for certain vital documents pertaining to the CWG scam.
Till late Tuesday evening, the CBI official maintained that the operations were in progress and denied knowledge of what was found in the bank lockers.
Meanwhile, local television channels claimed that apprehending arrest, Kalmadi has reportedly gone underground. He could not be traced in Pune, Mumbai or Delhi, the channels said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India