CWG scam: CBI raids Kalmadi’s lockers
Pune: A Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) team from New Delhi Tuesday searched the bank lockers of former CWG organising committee chief Suresh Kalmadi that had been sealed last month, an official said.
"We have opened two bank lockers as part of the investigations. But, we do not have any details so far," an official told IANS.
The two lockers, including one in ICICI Bank, were opened in the presence of Kalmadi`s wife, but the official declined to name the branches of the banks where the operation took place or what was found from there.
The lockers had been earlier sealed by the CBI as part of the ongoing nationwide probe into the Commonwealth Games scam.
Among other things, the CBI was looking for certain vital documents pertaining to the CWG scam.
Till late Tuesday evening, the CBI official maintained that the operations were in progress and denied knowledge of what was found in the bank lockers.
Meanwhile, local television channels claimed that apprehending arrest, Kalmadi has reportedly gone underground. He could not be traced in Pune, Mumbai or Delhi, the channels said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP