CWG scam: CBI raids Kalmadi’s lockers
Pune: A Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) team from New Delhi Tuesday searched the bank lockers of former CWG organising committee chief Suresh Kalmadi that had been sealed last month, an official said.
"We have opened two bank lockers as part of the investigations. But, we do not have any details so far," an official told IANS.
The two lockers, including one in ICICI Bank, were opened in the presence of Kalmadi`s wife, but the official declined to name the branches of the banks where the operation took place or what was found from there.
The lockers had been earlier sealed by the CBI as part of the ongoing nationwide probe into the Commonwealth Games scam.
Among other things, the CBI was looking for certain vital documents pertaining to the CWG scam.
Till late Tuesday evening, the CBI official maintained that the operations were in progress and denied knowledge of what was found in the bank lockers.
Meanwhile, local television channels claimed that apprehending arrest, Kalmadi has reportedly gone underground. He could not be traced in Pune, Mumbai or Delhi, the channels said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America