CWG scam: PM for stern action on Shunglu report
New Delhi: Taking a serious view on the findings of the Shunglu Committee interim report, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday directed cabinet secretary KM Chandrasekhar to follow-up on the report and take stern action against those who have been found guilty.
As per reports, PM has directed Chandrasekhar to revert back within a week on the steps taken in view of the Shunglu report.
The committee had, yesterday, submitted an interim report on alleged irregularities in awarding broadcasting rights during Commonwealth Games to the PMO, even as the term of the panel has been extended till March 31 to submit its full report.
Sources said that the committee in its interim report dealt with the deal by public broabdcaster Prasar Bharti with UK-based SIS Live -- which had earlier come under the scanner of the Income Tax department regarding alleged violations of tax rules and subsequent evasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH