CWG scam: PWD to file response to CVC
New Delhi: Already in dock following the Shunglu Committee report, the Delhi Government is now preparing its response to a fresh report of Central Vigilance
Commission which found deficiencies and use of sub-standard materials in certain CWG infrastructure projects.
The Chief Technical Examination wing of the CVC in its latest report on CWG projects found deficiencies in 26 works worth Rs 3,316.58 crore out of which six projects worth Rs 1,315.66 crore were implemented by Public Works Department of the Delhi Government.
Sources said PWD will soon send a detailed report to the CVC as response to the findings of the central investigating agency.
"The CTE wing of CVC conducts such technical evaluation of the projects. It is a regular exercise. They send their observations to us and we reply back," a PWD official said.
Sources said the CTE has found deficiencies in construction material used in several flyovers and roads including Ghaziour flyover and Barapullah Nallah elevated
road. The latest report of the CVC comes at a time when Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has been facing increasing attack following the Shunglu Committee report which blamed her as well as several Delhi Government agencies for alleged
irregularities in certain CWG projects.
In the latest report, the CVC has found deficiencies in four MCD projects worth Rs 364.11 crore while irregularities were found in three NDMC projects valuing Rs 221.22 crore. The Commission has also found serious irregularities in two projects worth Rs 193.16 crore carried out by Delhi Development Authority and one valuing Rs 18.37 crore by RITES, a Government of India enterprise.
After the arrest of sacked CWG Organising Committee chief Suresh Kalmadi`s arrest, BJP had demanded Dikshit`s "immediate arrest" on the basis of the Shunglu Committee report.
The Home Ministry has sent the report of the Shunglu Committee to Delhi government asking it to file a detailed response on the findings of the panel within a month.
The city government, which already rejected the findings of the panel as a "product of paranoia", had sent a brief report to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh last month, trashing the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands