CWG: Sharad Yadav bats for close scrutiny
New Delhi: JDU’s Sharad Yadav called for a Parliamentary Standing Committee meet on the handling of expenses for the Commonwealth Games 2010 on Friday, cornering the government further in the already scandal marred mega-event.
The panel is learnt to be in the process of summoning the officials who handled the Delhi Games’ functioning and expenditure details have been asked from the CPWD and DDA. This comes after the CWG OC chief Suresh Kalmadi and his aides have been grilled by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and some of them are behind bars following media exposure of rampant corruption and swindling in the Games.
Sanjay Mahindroo and T S Darbari (senior officials of Organising Committee) are in jail and investigative agencies including the Enforcement Directorate and CVC are looking into the bungling that are estimated to have cost the Indian taxpayer around 70,000 crores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’