CWG: Sharad Yadav bats for close scrutiny
New Delhi: JDU’s Sharad Yadav called for a Parliamentary Standing Committee meet on the handling of expenses for the Commonwealth Games 2010 on Friday, cornering the government further in the already scandal marred mega-event.
The panel is learnt to be in the process of summoning the officials who handled the Delhi Games’ functioning and expenditure details have been asked from the CPWD and DDA. This comes after the CWG OC chief Suresh Kalmadi and his aides have been grilled by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and some of them are behind bars following media exposure of rampant corruption and swindling in the Games.
Sanjay Mahindroo and T S Darbari (senior officials of Organising Committee) are in jail and investigative agencies including the Enforcement Directorate and CVC are looking into the bungling that are estimated to have cost the Indian taxpayer around 70,000 crores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?