Czechs Kvitova, Berdych to play Hopman Cup
Prostejov: Reigning Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova will team up with Czech compatriot Tomas Berdych for the Hopman Cup of mixed teams in Australia at the turn of the year, their agent said Thursday.
"They are both thrilled by the idea," said Miroslav Cernosek.
Kvitova, the world number seven, and Berdych, last year`s Wimbledon finalist and the current world number nine, will use the tournament as training for the mixed doubles competition at the 2012 Olympics in London, he added.
"Mixed doubles will definitely be a very attractive event at the Olympics, with players like (Roger) Federer and (Martina) Hingis taking part," said Cernosek.
The Hopman Cup, held in Perth from December 31 to January 7, "will be different from the Fed Cup and individual tournaments, so I`m really looking forward to it and I`m sure we`ll have fun there," said Kvitova.
Jana Novotna and Petr Korda won the Czech Republic`s sole Hopman Cup, in 1994.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi