Dabhol starts drawing Reliance gas
New Delhi: The Dabhol power plant on Wednesday started buying natural gas from Reliance Industries to cut electricity generation cost at the country`s largest gas-fired unit.
"We started drawing (RIL`s) KG-D6 gas from today. The volumes were around 4.5 million standard cubic meters per day," said A K Ahuja, Managing Director of Ratnagiri Gas and Power Pvt Ltd, the company that runs the 2,150 MW power plant and adjoining LNG receipt facility in Maharasthra.
The government had this month more than doubled RGPPL`s
allocation from KG-D6 to 5.67 million standard cubic meters
per day that will help generate about 1,000 MW of electricity.
"We are currently operating three gas turbines producing
920-930 megawatt of electricity. We will add another 320 MW
turbine by November-end, when the drawal would increase to
5.6 mmscmd," he said.
RGPPL was initially allocated 2.7 mmscmd of gas for the
period between April and September but the company had not
drawn even a single unit as it had a running contract with
Petronet LNG Ltd to buy imported liquefied natural gas.
It paid a burner-tip price of USD 7.8 per million British
thermal unit for the regassified-LNG sourced from Petronet.
"The delivered price of KG-D6 gas would be USD 6.2 per
mmBtu," Ahuja said adding the cost of electricity generation
will come down to about Rs 4 per unit from Rs 4.70 earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy