Dabur to enter ready-to-cook food business
New Delhi: FMCG major Dabur plans to launch
ready-to-cook products under its `Hommade` brand to expand in
the estimated Rs 2,800-crore packaged food segment.
The company currently sells culinary products under the
`Hommade` brand, besides `Real` and `Activ` brands of fruit
juices in the packaged food category.
"Going forward, we are looking at expanding the range
soon, including entry into new formats of packaged food
products, which are showing good potential," Dabur India
Maketing Head (Foods) K K Chutani said.
He, however, declined to give details on the kind of
products but said Dabur is looking at traditional items like
paneer, adding the products would be launched under the
Chutani said the company will have strong regional focus
for the new products, adding they were in development stage.
It has already started working on marketing campaigns.
"Primarily, we shall focus in the southern market. Hence,
the regional TV channels in South will be prime carriers of
the new TVC," Chutani said.
Dabur is likely to launch these new products in the
begining of the next fiscal.
At present, Dabur sells culinary paste like garlic,
ginger, ginger-garlic and tamarind in packaged format besides
tomato puree and coconut milk under the `Hommade` brand.
The company`s food business, including beverages, is
worth Rs 400 crore and contributes around 13 per cent of its
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened