Dada back as KKR captain?
Kolkata: The people of Kolkata finally got what they had been demanding ever since Sourav Ganguly was ousted as the captain of Kolkata Knight Riders.
With regular captain Brendon McCullum decided to opt for national duty over cash-rich Indian Premier League (IPL), former India captain Sourav Ganguly will again take charge of the struggling Kolkata outfit for the IPL season three.
Sourav Ganguly led the side in the inaugural edition of Indian Premier League in 2008. But he was unceremoniously ousted by the KKR think-tank led by former coach John Buchanan just before the start of the second edition in 2009.
Six New Zealand cricketers including skipper Daniel Vettori and vice-captain Brendon McCullum have signed the new contracts for the 2009-10 season, New Zealand Cricket (NZC) said on Friday.
The players, who represent their respective teams in the lucrative Indian Premier League were given extra time to make a decision as their was a clash in the schedule of the IPL and the players’ national commitments.
Other players to have signed the contract include Kyle Mills, Jesse Ryder, Jacob Oram and Ross Taylor.
IPL’s third season, which kicks off in March next year will clash with the schedule of Australia’s tour of New Zealand.
Though some in the KKR ranks had revealed few days back that Ganguly might get back the captaincy even if McCullum was there in the team after the KKR failed under him miserably in the second edition of the IPL in South Africa, ending the tourney at the bottom of the points table.
And with coach John Buchanan ousted a couple of months back by KKR management, Ganguly’s return to the post of captaincy was just a matter of time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh