Dadu wins weightlifting silver in South Asian Games
Dhaka: Indian weightlifters opened their
campaign with a silver medal through Mali Chandra Kant Dadu in
the men`s 94kg category of the 11th South Asian Games at the
National Sport Council Gymnasium Hall here on Monday.
Competing only in one category, Mali lifted 312 kgs in
snatch and clean-jerk to finish behind Usman Ajmal of
Pakistan, who got the gold.
Usman lifted 330kg, while Sri Lanka had to settle for the
bronze finishing behind India with 273kg.
Earlier, hosts Bangladesh won their first gold when
Hamidol Islam bagged it in the men`s 77kg category.
Bangladesh had a 1-2 finish with Monoronjon Roy taking
the silver. Bronze went to Mustafa Kammand of Afghanistan.
Out of eight weight categories, a country can take part
only in six.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack