Dadu wins weightlifting silver in South Asian Games
Dhaka: Indian weightlifters opened their
campaign with a silver medal through Mali Chandra Kant Dadu in
the men`s 94kg category of the 11th South Asian Games at the
National Sport Council Gymnasium Hall here on Monday.
Competing only in one category, Mali lifted 312 kgs in
snatch and clean-jerk to finish behind Usman Ajmal of
Pakistan, who got the gold.
Usman lifted 330kg, while Sri Lanka had to settle for the
bronze finishing behind India with 273kg.
Earlier, hosts Bangladesh won their first gold when
Hamidol Islam bagged it in the men`s 77kg category.
Bangladesh had a 1-2 finish with Monoronjon Roy taking
the silver. Bronze went to Mustafa Kammand of Afghanistan.
Out of eight weight categories, a country can take part
only in six.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai