Dadu wins weightlifting silver in South Asian Games
Dhaka: Indian weightlifters opened their
campaign with a silver medal through Mali Chandra Kant Dadu in
the men`s 94kg category of the 11th South Asian Games at the
National Sport Council Gymnasium Hall here on Monday.
Competing only in one category, Mali lifted 312 kgs in
snatch and clean-jerk to finish behind Usman Ajmal of
Pakistan, who got the gold.
Usman lifted 330kg, while Sri Lanka had to settle for the
bronze finishing behind India with 273kg.
Earlier, hosts Bangladesh won their first gold when
Hamidol Islam bagged it in the men`s 77kg category.
Bangladesh had a 1-2 finish with Monoronjon Roy taking
the silver. Bronze went to Mustafa Kammand of Afghanistan.
Out of eight weight categories, a country can take part
only in six.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why