Dadu wins weightlifting silver in South Asian Games
Dhaka: Indian weightlifters opened their
campaign with a silver medal through Mali Chandra Kant Dadu in
the men`s 94kg category of the 11th South Asian Games at the
National Sport Council Gymnasium Hall here on Monday.
Competing only in one category, Mali lifted 312 kgs in
snatch and clean-jerk to finish behind Usman Ajmal of
Pakistan, who got the gold.
Usman lifted 330kg, while Sri Lanka had to settle for the
bronze finishing behind India with 273kg.
Earlier, hosts Bangladesh won their first gold when
Hamidol Islam bagged it in the men`s 77kg category.
Bangladesh had a 1-2 finish with Monoronjon Roy taking
the silver. Bronze went to Mustafa Kammand of Afghanistan.
Out of eight weight categories, a country can take part
only in six.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31