Dal Khalsa urges Akalis to end alliance with BJP
Jalandhar: Urging the Akali leaders to
snap their ties with the BJP, the Dal Khalsa today said that
the saffron party has embarked on the course of
self-destruction and it would become a marginal party sooner.
In a statement issued here, party spokesperson Kanwarpal
Singh stated that the BJP has lost its relevance, ideological
moorings and credibility.
He said that the sooner Akalis would jump out of the
BJP`s sinking ship the better it would be for Punjab.
Taking a swipe at BJP`s disarray, he said that the
internal squabble within the party has opened up the space for
the regional parties to play wider role.
"It`s our earnest appeal to Akalis to read the writing on
wall and end their alliance with the Hindutva party," said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test