Dal Khalsa urges Akalis to end alliance with BJP
Jalandhar: Urging the Akali leaders to
snap their ties with the BJP, the Dal Khalsa today said that
the saffron party has embarked on the course of
self-destruction and it would become a marginal party sooner.
In a statement issued here, party spokesperson Kanwarpal
Singh stated that the BJP has lost its relevance, ideological
moorings and credibility.
He said that the sooner Akalis would jump out of the
BJP`s sinking ship the better it would be for Punjab.
Taking a swipe at BJP`s disarray, he said that the
internal squabble within the party has opened up the space for
the regional parties to play wider role.
"It`s our earnest appeal to Akalis to read the writing on
wall and end their alliance with the Hindutva party," said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice