Dangerous Torres turning up heat on Liverpool`s top-four rivals
London: Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has said that his in-form striker Fernando Torres is turning up the heat on the club`s top-four rivals.
The Spanish forward takes on Fulham on Sunday after hitting doubles in his last four outings for Liverpool.
Benitez is convinced Manchester City and Spurs will drop points in the race for fourth place and reckons Torres can help the Reds take advantage.
"If Torres is fit, he can be very, very dangerous and he can score goals like he did against Benfica. Mancini watched our game and he will have seen that our team is strong. He will know they have to win their games," The Sun quoted Benitez, as saying.
"The pressure could be on them. If they lose they will be more under pressure. I think they will lose some points, so the main thing is we do our job. We have to win our games and if we can do this, I am confident we can be in the top four," he said.
Benitez admitted that he does not have the depth of other big boys in his team, which makes it more important to manage Torres carefully.
"The other day for Chelsea, Anelka played and his substitute was Drogba. It`s a massive difference. On Wednesday, Manchester United had Rooney and Berbatov, a 32 million pounds player," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence