Danish footballer struck by lightning, in coma
Copenhagen: A Danish footballer from league leaders FC Nordsjaelland was in a coma after being struck by lightning during a match in Copenhagen.
Jonathan Richter, a 24-year-old midfielder, was struck during a non-league match against FC Hvidovre on Monday and remains in a coma, FC Nordsjaelland spokesman Christian Wolny said.
"He is on a respirator and has been cooled down to increase his chances. When the doctors think it is the right time they will increase his temperature to normal body temperature and see if they can wake him up," Wolny told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued