Danish footballer struck by lightning, in coma
Copenhagen: A Danish footballer from league leaders FC Nordsjaelland was in a coma after being struck by lightning during a match in Copenhagen.
Jonathan Richter, a 24-year-old midfielder, was struck during a non-league match against FC Hvidovre on Monday and remains in a coma, FC Nordsjaelland spokesman Christian Wolny said.
"He is on a respirator and has been cooled down to increase his chances. When the doctors think it is the right time they will increase his temperature to normal body temperature and see if they can wake him up," Wolny told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends