Danish footballer struck by lightning, in coma
Copenhagen: A Danish footballer from league leaders FC Nordsjaelland was in a coma after being struck by lightning during a match in Copenhagen.
Jonathan Richter, a 24-year-old midfielder, was struck during a non-league match against FC Hvidovre on Monday and remains in a coma, FC Nordsjaelland spokesman Christian Wolny said.
"He is on a respirator and has been cooled down to increase his chances. When the doctors think it is the right time they will increase his temperature to normal body temperature and see if they can wake him up," Wolny told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj