Daredevils crunch Chargers for three quick ones
New Delhi: Delhi turned on the heat for Deccan Chargers with three quick wickets in their crucial encounter at Kotla. A disciplined pace attack spearheaded by young Umesh Yadav saw the first eight overs belonging to the home team.
Yadav came good with his claiming of Tirumalsetti Suman (5) to give Deccan their second hiccup of the sweaty Delhi night and followed it up with the scalp of Rohit Sharma (11).
Suman was done-in by a length delivery that nipped back-in sharply from the off stump, he played down the wrong line, with a big gap between bat and pad as the ball sneaked through and knocked his middle and off stump.
Ashish Nehra had finally dogged his fitness issues to draw first blood for Delhi as he claimed Adam Gilchrist’s wicket in his first over of the spell. He was caught at a score of ten runs by rival skipper Gautam Gambhir to bolster his chances of entering the semis.
Gilly was charged-up for nulling the home advantage after he won the toss and elected to bat first against Delhi Daredevils in the crucial Indian Premier League 3 match at the Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium.
Scorecard: Delhi Daredevils Vs Deccan Chargers»
The visitors made two changes from the last match while the Gautam Gambhir led squad no changes from the winning combination from the last time.
Delhi Daredevils (Playing XI): Virender Sehwag, David Warner, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Gautam Gambhir(c), Dinesh Karthik(w), Paul Collingwood, Mithun Manhas, Amit Mishra, Ashish Nehra, Umesh Yadav, Dirk Nannes
Deccan Chargers (Playing XI): Adam Gilchrist(w/c), Monish Mishra, Tirumalsetti Suman, Rohit Sharma, Andrew Symonds, Bodapati Sumanth, Mitchell Marsh, Chaminda Vaas, Rahul Sharma, Harmeet Singh, Pragyan Ojha
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!