Death toll in Pithoragarh cloudburst rises to 25
Dehra Dun: The death toll in the Pithoragarh
cloudburst, that triggered a massive landslide in three
villages of the district on August 8, has risen to 25 with the
recovery of two more bodies, a senior official said on Saturday.
The district police and PAC have recovered two more
bodies from the debris taking the toll in the tragedy to 25,
the Superintendent of Police of Pithoragarh, PS Rawat, said.
The search operation is still on to find out bodies of
another 18 people who are missing since the tragedy struck in
three villages -- Lah, Bedu Mehar, and Jhakla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'