Death toll in Pithoragarh cloudburst rises to 25
Dehra Dun: The death toll in the Pithoragarh
cloudburst, that triggered a massive landslide in three
villages of the district on August 8, has risen to 25 with the
recovery of two more bodies, a senior official said on Saturday.
The district police and PAC have recovered two more
bodies from the debris taking the toll in the tragedy to 25,
the Superintendent of Police of Pithoragarh, PS Rawat, said.
The search operation is still on to find out bodies of
another 18 people who are missing since the tragedy struck in
three villages -- Lah, Bedu Mehar, and Jhakla.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview