Deepak Parekh to step down as HDFC Ltd CEO
New Delhi: Deepak Parekh, Chairman and CEO of
the country`s largest mortgage lender Housing Development
Finance Corporation, will step down next month after serving
the bank for 31 years.
Managing Director and Vice Chairman of the company K K
Mistry will take over as Vice-Chairman and CEO when Parekh
steps down on January 1, 2010, HDFC said in a statement.
Parekh will, however, continue as non-executive Chairman
of HDFC, the holding company of its group ventures, including
HDFC Bank, founded by his uncle Hasmukhbhai Parekh in 1977.
Deepak Parekh assumed the role of Chairman and CEO in 1993.
Under his leadership, HDFC has grown from its humble
beginning into a major player with its activities diversifying
into banking, asset management, life insurance, general
insurance and real estate venture fund.
Besides HDFC, Parekh is on the board of several leading
corporations across diverse sectors. He is the non-executive
chairman of Infrastructure Development Finance Company (IDFC),
GlaxoSmithkline Pharmaceuticals, Siemens India and Lafarge
He has been a member of various government appointed
committees and advisory panels, which includes financial
services, capital markets and infrastructure sector reforms.
He is also member of the Investment Commission that
advises the government on ways to attract greater FDI inflows
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing