Deepika lifts women`s team to 2nd place in World Cup Stage-II
New Delhi: Young Deepika Kumari`s outstanding
performance helped India maintain second position behind
leaders South Korea at the end of the opening round of the
World Cup (Stage II) Archery Competition in Antalya, Turkey.
The youngster from Ranchi scored 1354 points to remain
fourth behind three Korean archers as Indian women`s recurve
team finished second in the team standings with 4005 points.
Korean archers lead the field with 4099 points. China are
placed third with 3999 points.
Among the other Indian eves in the fray, L Bombayla Devi
(1334) is placed 11th, Chekrovolu Swuro (1317) is at 30th
place while Seema Verma (1292) is currently 52nd.
In the team event, India will play 15th ranked Turkey in
the first round.
The Indian men`s recurve team had a poor day as they are
ninth in the team standings with 3963 points. Jayant Talukdar
with 1335 points is 15th in the table. Thupuvoyi Swuro (1316,
29th), Rahul Banerjee (1312, 31st) and Tarundeep Rai (1296,
54th) performed even worse.
Favourites Korea are leading the standings with 4091
points while Mexico and France are placed second and third
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand