Deepika wins recurve gold in archery nationals
New Delhi: After a bumpy start to the event, ace archer Deepika Kumari lived to her billing by winning the girl`s individual recurve in the 33rd Junior National Championship here on Thursday.
AS Devi of Manipur and Jharakhand`s Sumita Kumari came second and third, respectively.
Seen as the future of Indian archery and the star attraction in the ongoing tournament, Deepika won the round just two days after being defeated in the 50 and 60m category.
Mukesh Tamang of Services Sports Control Board (SSCB) won the boys recurve event, ahead of Delhi`s Ajay and Raj Govind Swansi.
In the compound section, Ritul Chattarjee of Andhra Pradesh triumphed after the Commonwealth Games silver medallist got the better of SSCB`s Chittibomo Jignas and Arjun Rao of Jharkhand.
Maharashtra`s Jayalaxmi Sarikonda won the girls title,with Jharkhand`s Prerna Bhagat and Jyoti Surekha of Andhra Pradesh finishing second and third, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days