Deepika wins recurve gold in archery nationals
New Delhi: After a bumpy start to the event, ace archer Deepika Kumari lived to her billing by winning the girl`s individual recurve in the 33rd Junior National Championship here on Thursday.
AS Devi of Manipur and Jharakhand`s Sumita Kumari came second and third, respectively.
Seen as the future of Indian archery and the star attraction in the ongoing tournament, Deepika won the round just two days after being defeated in the 50 and 60m category.
Mukesh Tamang of Services Sports Control Board (SSCB) won the boys recurve event, ahead of Delhi`s Ajay and Raj Govind Swansi.
In the compound section, Ritul Chattarjee of Andhra Pradesh triumphed after the Commonwealth Games silver medallist got the better of SSCB`s Chittibomo Jignas and Arjun Rao of Jharkhand.
Maharashtra`s Jayalaxmi Sarikonda won the girls title,with Jharkhand`s Prerna Bhagat and Jyoti Surekha of Andhra Pradesh finishing second and third, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday