Deepika wins recurve gold in archery nationals
New Delhi: After a bumpy start to the event, ace archer Deepika Kumari lived to her billing by winning the girl`s individual recurve in the 33rd Junior National Championship here on Thursday.
AS Devi of Manipur and Jharakhand`s Sumita Kumari came second and third, respectively.
Seen as the future of Indian archery and the star attraction in the ongoing tournament, Deepika won the round just two days after being defeated in the 50 and 60m category.
Mukesh Tamang of Services Sports Control Board (SSCB) won the boys recurve event, ahead of Delhi`s Ajay and Raj Govind Swansi.
In the compound section, Ritul Chattarjee of Andhra Pradesh triumphed after the Commonwealth Games silver medallist got the better of SSCB`s Chittibomo Jignas and Arjun Rao of Jharkhand.
Maharashtra`s Jayalaxmi Sarikonda won the girls title,with Jharkhand`s Prerna Bhagat and Jyoti Surekha of Andhra Pradesh finishing second and third, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'