Defending champ Atwal misses cut at Wyndham C`ship
Greensboro (USA): Arjun Atwal`s title
defence at the Wyndham Championships came to an abrupt end as
he failed to make the cut after carding a two-over 72 in the
second round of the event .
Atwal, who last year became the first Indian to win on
the PGA Tour, had shot a 73 in the first round and ended his
campaign with a total of five-over.
Atwal had a topsy-turvy day with a bogey-bogey start on
10th, but he also had three birdies in a row from 15th to 17th
but again ended the first nine with a bogey on the 18th.
He double bogeyed the first and another bogey on sixth
meant he was three-over, but a closing birdie on ninth saw him
finish at 72.
Tommy Gainey shot a 65 in the second round to get to
12-under and take a three-shot lead. Jeff Quinney, with whom
Gainey shared the lead, dropped to 10th with a round of 70.
Ernie Els (66), Webb Simpson (65), Stuart Appleby (67)
and Daniel Summerhays (67) were at 131 in a four-way tie for
the second spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note