Del Potro is a strong contender for US Open title: Rusedski
New York: Former Canadian tennis player Greg Rusedski reckons that World No. 6 Juan Martin Del Potro is a real contender for the US Open title.
Rusedski believes that Del Potro can be a real threat to tournament favourite Roger Federer, and said that he was really impressed with the comprehensive manner in which Del Potro overcame Croat Marin Cilic, The Mirror reports.
Cilic had been impressive throughout the tournament, but Del Potro kept his nerve and showed he has the big-match temperament by finding a way to win.
Rusedki further said that with his offensive baseliner, powerful first serve and solid groundstrokes, Del Potro was in strong consideration for his first Slam title.
Rusedki also said that he was impressed with Del Potro’s style of tennis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!