Del Potro set to play Sydney International tennis
Sydney: Argentina’s US Open champion Juan Martin Del Potro looks set return to tennis at the Sydney International in January after ending his 2010 season early due to injury, officials said.
Del Potro, who beat Roger Federer to win the 2009 US Open but has this year been unable to shake off a troublesome wrist injury, has been granted a wild card entry for the Sydney tournament.
The Argentine ended his season early in late October after missing all but three events of 2010 because of the wrist complaint.
Tournament organisers said seven of the world’s top 10 women -- including world No.1 Caroline Wozniacki -- will compete at the January 9-15 event in Sydney which serves as a warm-up to the Australian Open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters