Del Potro set to play Sydney International tennis
Sydney: Argentina’s US Open champion Juan Martin Del Potro looks set return to tennis at the Sydney International in January after ending his 2010 season early due to injury, officials said.
Del Potro, who beat Roger Federer to win the 2009 US Open but has this year been unable to shake off a troublesome wrist injury, has been granted a wild card entry for the Sydney tournament.
The Argentine ended his season early in late October after missing all but three events of 2010 because of the wrist complaint.
Tournament organisers said seven of the world’s top 10 women -- including world No.1 Caroline Wozniacki -- will compete at the January 9-15 event in Sydney which serves as a warm-up to the Australian Open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray