Del Potro set to play Sydney International tennis
Sydney: Argentina’s US Open champion Juan Martin Del Potro looks set return to tennis at the Sydney International in January after ending his 2010 season early due to injury, officials said.
Del Potro, who beat Roger Federer to win the 2009 US Open but has this year been unable to shake off a troublesome wrist injury, has been granted a wild card entry for the Sydney tournament.
The Argentine ended his season early in late October after missing all but three events of 2010 because of the wrist complaint.
Tournament organisers said seven of the world’s top 10 women -- including world No.1 Caroline Wozniacki -- will compete at the January 9-15 event in Sydney which serves as a warm-up to the Australian Open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug