Del Potro set to play Sydney International tennis
Sydney: Argentina’s US Open champion Juan Martin Del Potro looks set return to tennis at the Sydney International in January after ending his 2010 season early due to injury, officials said.
Del Potro, who beat Roger Federer to win the 2009 US Open but has this year been unable to shake off a troublesome wrist injury, has been granted a wild card entry for the Sydney tournament.
The Argentine ended his season early in late October after missing all but three events of 2010 because of the wrist complaint.
Tournament organisers said seven of the world’s top 10 women -- including world No.1 Caroline Wozniacki -- will compete at the January 9-15 event in Sydney which serves as a warm-up to the Australian Open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air