Del Potro sets up final with Davydenko
London: US Open champion Juan Martin del Potro reached his first final at the ATP World Tour Finals after squeezing past Swede Robin Soderling 6-7, 6-3, 7-6 on Saturday to set up a showdown with Nikolay Davydenko.
The Argentine looked to be on his way out when Soderling broke him for a 4-2 lead in the third set but the Argentine world number five hung in to eventually prevail 7-3 in the tiebreak, firing down his 12th ace.
“I’m very happy to make my first final... one more match before my holiday,” an exhausted Del Potro told the crowd.
Davydenko had earlier knocked out Roger Federer, notching up his first win in 13 attempts over the world number one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan