Del Potro sets up final with Davydenko
London: US Open champion Juan Martin del Potro reached his first final at the ATP World Tour Finals after squeezing past Swede Robin Soderling 6-7, 6-3, 7-6 on Saturday to set up a showdown with Nikolay Davydenko.
The Argentine looked to be on his way out when Soderling broke him for a 4-2 lead in the third set but the Argentine world number five hung in to eventually prevail 7-3 in the tiebreak, firing down his 12th ace.
“I’m very happy to make my first final... one more match before my holiday,” an exhausted Del Potro told the crowd.
Davydenko had earlier knocked out Roger Federer, notching up his first win in 13 attempts over the world number one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...