Del Potro wins 1st match
Melbourne: US Open champion Juan Martin del Potro has won his first-round match at the Australian Open, defeating American Michael Russell 6-4, 6-4, 3-6, 6-2.
Fourth-seeded Del Potro withdrew from an exhibition tournament at Kooyong in Melbourne last week because of an injured wrist, but he appeared to move well on Monday in his first-round match.
He`ll next play the winner of a first-round match between Arnaud Clement of France and American James Blake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez