Del Potro wins 1st match
Melbourne: US Open champion Juan Martin del Potro has won his first-round match at the Australian Open, defeating American Michael Russell 6-4, 6-4, 3-6, 6-2.
Fourth-seeded Del Potro withdrew from an exhibition tournament at Kooyong in Melbourne last week because of an injured wrist, but he appeared to move well on Monday in his first-round match.
He`ll next play the winner of a first-round match between Arnaud Clement of France and American James Blake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss