Delay in invitation made me skip CM`s function: Aslam
Bhopal: Former hockey Olympian, Aslam
Sher Khan said here today that the invitation he received from
the Madhya Pradesh government to attend a function at the
Chief Minister`s residence where former players were
honoured had not come on time.
Aslam, who is now also a Congress leader told PTI that
someone from the Madhya Pradesh Sports Department had rang him
up around 1600 hours yesterday asking him to come to the
function in the night.
"I do not think that this is the proper way to invite
anyone for a function," he said.
Aslam said that the phone call had come to him when he
was in his village about 75 km from here.
The former Olympian said that normally he stays in New
Delhi and had he been there, it would have been impossible for
him to come to Bhopal in such a short time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress