Deletion of Nanda from voters list wrong: EC
New Delhi, Nov 09: The Election Commission on Saturday said the deletion of arms dealer and BJP rebels' candidate Suresh Nanda from the voters list was wrong and cleared the way for taking cognizance of withdrawal of his nomination papers for the Rajya Sabha elections.
Sources said following complaints from Nanda, a secretary of the EC was sent to Ghaziabad to make an inquiry which found that his entry in the electoral roll was "correct" and its subsequent cancellation was "wrong."
The findings of the inquiry was being passed on to the returning officer to go ahead with the scrutiny of papers, the sources said. The scrutiny was stayed till the EC conveyed its views.
Earlier, Vidhan Sabha Secretary R P Pandey told reporters in Lucknow that the cognizance of the withdrawal of papers would be taken only after the Election Commission completed its inquiry.
Pandey said the withdrawal by Nanda would be relevant only after the EC took a decision on his complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly