Delhi: 5-year-old girl raped, fights for life
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a shocking incident, a five-year-old girl was repeatedly raped by her neighbour for two days in Gandhi Nagar area here.
Reports suggest that the girl was kidnapped on April 15 and confined in a room where he sexually assaulted the girl for two days.
The accused, in his 30s, lived on ground floor of the building in east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar in which the victim also stayed, police said, refusing to give any more details about him.
On Wednesday evening, her family members rescued her after hearing screams from the nearby flat.
Some reports also suggest that the victim’s throat was slit and her private parts were mutilated.
The toddler is admitted at Swami Dayanand Hospital in Shahdara and said to be in a critical condition.
Delhi Police have registered a case of rape and murder against the absconding accused.
Meanwhile, family, neighbours and activists of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) today protested outside the hospital where a five-year-old girl, a victim of rape, was admitted in a serious condition.
Protestors gathered outside the Swami Dayanand Hospital, where the girl has been admitted, and raised slogans against Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Delhi Police.
They demanded immediate arrest of the accused in the case and said the girl should be shifted to a better hospital like the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
The girl`s father told reporters that he had earlier approached the police with a complaint that his daughter was missing, but they failed to register his complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fishermen killing case: Accused Italian marine Salvatore Girone returns home from India
- Pakistan may seek India's help in curbing terror: Rajnath Singh
- Leander Paes-Martina Hingis pair enters 2016 French Open mixed-doubles quarters
- Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016: BSEB 10th Result 2016, Bihar Class 10th Result 2016 to be declared today on May 29; check biharboard.bih.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi plays traditional Khasi drum in Meghalaya