Delhi: 5-year-old girl raped, fights for life
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a shocking incident, a five-year-old girl was repeatedly raped by her neighbour for two days in Gandhi Nagar area here.
Reports suggest that the girl was kidnapped on April 15 and confined in a room where he sexually assaulted the girl for two days.
The accused, in his 30s, lived on ground floor of the building in east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar in which the victim also stayed, police said, refusing to give any more details about him.
On Wednesday evening, her family members rescued her after hearing screams from the nearby flat.
Some reports also suggest that the victim’s throat was slit and her private parts were mutilated.
The toddler is admitted at Swami Dayanand Hospital in Shahdara and said to be in a critical condition.
Delhi Police have registered a case of rape and murder against the absconding accused.
Meanwhile, family, neighbours and activists of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) today protested outside the hospital where a five-year-old girl, a victim of rape, was admitted in a serious condition.
Protestors gathered outside the Swami Dayanand Hospital, where the girl has been admitted, and raised slogans against Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Delhi Police.
They demanded immediate arrest of the accused in the case and said the girl should be shifted to a better hospital like the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
The girl`s father told reporters that he had earlier approached the police with a complaint that his daughter was missing, but they failed to register his complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed