Delhi gang-rape victim`s family favours open court hearing
Ballia (UP): The family of the 23-year-old Delhi gang-rape victim on Wednesday favoured open court hearing in the case and said this would enable information to reach the people.
They would otherwise not come to know of the developments and this might weaken the people`s anger, and the agitation going on against the rape and demands for a strict anti-rape law, her family said here today.
The victim`s grandfather took strong exception to Asaram Bapu`s remarks terming the media and his critics as "barking dogs," saying that it "only indicated his mentality."
A local court on January 7 had ordered in-camera proceedings and a ban on media coverage of the case. High drama and commotion was also witnessed over providing counsel for the accused.
Meanwhile, construction work has started in the victim`s native Medawar Kala village ahead of her `terahi` (ritual related to death) on January 12. Some VVIPs are expected to arrive here for the purpose.
A helipad is being prepared in the village, roads and drains are also being repaired.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!