Delhi gang-rape: Victim`s family not satisfied with Juvenile Board`s verdict
New Delhi: The family of the December 16 gang-rape victim on Saturday expressed dissatisfaction over the Juvenile Justice Board`s verdict in the case with the father demanding death for the minor accused who has got away with three years imprisonment.
"We want him to be hanged. A despicable game has been played on us. We will appeal," he told reporters outside the board shortly after it gave the verdict.
"I am not happy with this verdict. It would send a wrong message that a juvenile can get away even after committing a brutal crime," said the mother.
She demanded the most stringent punishment for the juvenile accused.
The victim`s father said he would move the higher court against the order, as "our hopes of him getting stringent punishment has been dashed by the JJB verdict".
Visibly upset, he said it was a crime in India to be born as a girl.
"After this, I can say that female foeticide is right as those who do it, they don`t have to experience the pain with which we are going through."
The JJB has let him go with just three years of jail, but one thing I can assure you that he would become a criminal and time would tell, he added.
The girl`s younger brother also expressed disappointment over the quantum of punishment to the juvenile accused saying, "I had seen his face, he has no remorse, no shame and no fear on his face."
It is wrong to give him just three years punishment, even when he was convicted for rape, robbery and murder, he said, adding that too from the day he was arrested.
"Children above 16 years of age have senses and they know what is wrong and what is right. He was violent even in the Juvenile home, where he was kept, as there were reports of him having attacked inmates with a blade there. I have seen my sister dying, every minutes, every second. I will approach higher courts," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch