Delhi gets 29 new police stations, over 6000 personnel
New Delhi: In view of the threat perception
in the national capital, the government today sanctioned 29
new police stations in Delhi in addition to 6,478 personnel
for the force.
Announcing this at a press conference here, Union Home
Minister P Chidambaram said the total number of police
stations in the capital will increase to 155.
Delhi Police have another 14 police stations for wings
like Crime Branch, Economic Offences Wing, Delhi Metro,
Special Cell, Crime Against Women Cell, Narcotics and Indira
Gandhi International Airport.
Out of the 29 stations, seven has already functioning.
The government has also sanctioned nine sub-divisions to
be headed by an Assistant Commissioner of Police, the official
said. At present, Delhi Police have 44 sub-divisions.
Delhi Police have, for long, been pressing for increasing
their strength to ensure better policing and security in the
capital, which ranks high among the terror targets in the
The 6,478 new personnel include nine will be ACPs, 87
Inspectors, 535 Sub Inspectors, 168 Assistant Sub Inspectors,
1,588 Head Constables and 3,677 Constables, the official said.
"This will incur an expense of Rs 199.15 crore every
year," Chidambaram said.
The new sanctioned posts also include 29 head
constables (drivers), 57 constables (drivers), 168 assistant
wireless operators and five inspectors (ministerial), 21 sub
inspectors (ministerial), 38 assistant sub inspectors and 86
The new police stations will be set up in Jaitpur,
Saket, Neb Sarai, Govindpuri, Shahbad Dairy, Vijay Vihar,
Chhawla, Mainwali Gali, Ranhola, Ranjit Nagar, Madhu Vihar,
Jagatpuri, Pul Prahladpur, Sunlight Colony and Rohini-North.
Police Stations will also be set up in Begumpur, K N
Katju Marg, Bahlaswa Dairy, Mahendra Park, Rani Bagh, Bharat
Nagar, Jyoti Nagar, Sonia Vihar, Jafrabad, Dhaula Kuan,
Dwarka-North, Safdarjung Enclave, Vasant Kunj-South and
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma