Delhi HC orders CVC inquiry into Prasar Bharati issue
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Monday
ordered a Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) inquiry into
alleged financial irregularities in Prasar Bharati Corporation
and appointed a former judge to supervise Board meetings of
the public broadcaster.
A bench headed by Chief Justice AP Shah directed the
Board to convene its meeting within 15 days.
The bench, also comprising Justice Manmohan, passed
the order after the government failed to bring reconciliation
between the Chairman of the Board, Arun Bhatnagar, and CEO BS
Lalli, who have been at loggerheads.
The court said that day-to-day work of the Public
Broadcaster would be handled by the CEO, Member (Finance) and
Member (Personnel) of the Board.
The court on July 24 had said that it would pass an
interim order for proper functioning of Prasar Bharati.
The Chairman had contended that the allegations of
financial irregularities must be investigated by the CVC as no
internal audit has been done in the organisation for the past
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference